Thursday, November 22, 2018

Ebook Sale and an Interview with Ava Mallory

http://perrykirkpatrick.com/sale/

I hope those of you in the United States survived Thanksgiving. Now it's time to kick off the holiday buying season with a Black Friday through Cyber Monday ebook sale! All participating ebooks are either free or $0.99 USD (prices outside of the United States may vary; please verify all prices before downloading/purchasing). Some authors are also offering discounts on paperback books. You can find those under the Paperbacks section. This sale features clean fiction only, and there are over 150 titles featured in a variety of genres. Whatever you enjoy reading, you should have no trouble finding a book or two to fit your tastes. There is also a huge, 20-book giveaway associated with the sale. More on that tomorrow!

I had the pleasure of interviewing two of the authors participating in the sale. Today I'm focusing on Ava Mallory. Ava is one of the most prolific writers I know, and I was lucky enough to be involved in a box set with her a few years ago. Take it away, Ava!


How much of your real life ends up in your books?

Ava
Very little of my personal life ends up in my books. I'm afraid I'm not that interesting. Snippets from the real lives of people around me, however, always end up in a book. I think I should leave it at that. The less you know about that, the better.


Which of your books is your favorite? Is it the same book as your readers' favorite?

Mercy & Mayhem
Coughing and DonutsI love the first cozy mystery I ever wrote, Mercy & Mayhem. It's a permafree. I've given away thousands of copies, so I can't really tell if that's the one the readers love most. My best guess based on sales and feedback is Coughing & Donuts, another book in the same series, is my readers' favorite.


Has writing impacted the way you read for pleasure and, if so, how?

Yes, definitely. I read every night before I go to sleep. I find myself dissecting what the author did, silently applauding them for their plot twists and red herrings or taking note of their prose. It's a tough transition for me to take off my writer hat and just be a reader.

What projects do you have planned for 2019?

The short answer is so much. A more detailed response is that I plan to bring two series to an end and introduce new series for each of the genres I write. My pen names aren't public knowledge (yet). In addition to cozies and sweet romance, I write romantic suspense, rom-coms and thrillers. I'm actually slowing down this coming year to focus on my backlist and some other fun things.


Misbehaving
Thank you, Ava! Please also check out Ava's book in the Black Friday sale, Misbehaving. It's only $0.99 USD this weekend.

If you'd like to learn more about Ava and her books, you can connect with her on the following sites: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Goodreads
Tomorrow I'll have an interview up with another fellow mystery author, Frankie Bow, plus details on how you can enter the Black Friday weekend book giveaway. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment